Ways / Means
Sick / Visiting
News - RCL - 15 May 2011
News Item 94 of 96
RCL: 15 May 2011
A new Executive was elected for Ontario Command at the Sault Ste Marie Convention, as follows:
PRESIDENT AndrĂ© Paquette
PROVINCIAL CONVENTION NEWS
1st VICE Bruce Julian
VICE-PRESIDENTS Sharon McKeown (1st female VP)
HON. TREASURER Don Hubbs
CHAIRMAN Bill Chafe
VICE CHAIR Ron Goebel
Unfortunately, our District "C" candidate, Outgoing Dist Commander Comrade Pat Smith, was unsuccessful in her bid for a Vice-President position.
- There were numerous changes to the Branch Bylaws, mostly spelling or wording errors. One item, a revised S.404(2) is worthy of note. Branch Regulations may require a voting member to attend a minimum number or minimum percentage of General Meetings, and the period of time during which the minimum attendance must have been maintained" This certainly would have changed the face of our recent Branch Elections, and should be kept in mind by all for next Elections. Remember - if you don't sign-in at a General Meeting, you weren't there.
- There was a motion passed to ask Dominion Command to produce a "Highway of Heroes" lapel pin, a pin which is already being produced by some other organisations.
- $38,625 was donated from the floor to the Ontario Bursary programme, and $42,000 to the Chaitable Foundation
- There was a guest speaker from VAC, thanking Ontario Command for the over $475,000 collected so far for the Homeless Veterans programme. She noted that the Ladies' Auxiliary has also been instrumental in this programme.
- An historic accord was signed by the Presidents of Ontario Command, The Navy League, The Army Cadets, and The Air Force Cadets, agreeing to fully co-operate for the betterment of all four organisations
- 8-ball becomes a Dominon sport in 2012, and the Legion will be using WPA rules. Snooker goes from 15 red balls to 10.
There are many other items too numerous to mention, but I am certain the entire convention report will be available on the Provincial Command website by mid-June.
Read 22816 times.
Member Comments on this Article.